Interested in sharing an article, promoting a product, reviewing a site, etc.? I’m open to it. Just know that I’m looking for content that fits – it needs to be beneficial to bloggers in some way.
How to Submit a Guest Post
Due to an overwhelming amount of guest post submissions, issues with quality, and posts unrelated to blogging, there is a much stricter posting policy now in place.
I accept guest posts only from a limited number of writers who can show a track record of writing posts about blogging.
Once you commit to your posting frequency and selected day of the week, please submit your posts one week in advance prior to the date that they are scheduled to be published.
Failure to uphold the deadline and/or failure to communicate with me about changes will result in your spot being revoked and given to another dedicated guest poster. After that you will no longer be allowed to guest post as a regular contributor. (Obviously, if we are friends and you’ve demonstrated that you’re dedicated to quality, there will be some lee-way with this. If the lines of communication are open, I’m always happy to make adjustments.)
How to Apply to Be a Regular Contributor – follow carefully to avoid delays
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – subject: “Regular Contributor Application.”
- Include a short bio of yourself along with a link to your blog.
- Include links to your Twitter ID and Google+ profile.
- Include at least 3 links to examples of your writing skills.
- Reason(s) why I should accept your request along with 3 article ideas and sample titles.
- Your preferred posting frequency and day of the week.
Your guest post must be original. That means you have not and will not publish it on your own blog or use it as a guest post on another blog. If I discover your guest post has been duplicated, you will no longer be allowed to guest post here.
- Your content must be relevant and beneficial to bloggers in some way.
- The article should not be reproduced anywhere else on the web including your own blog (you may announce the guest post and link to this post, but it must not be duplicated content).
- All guest posts must be written in English.
- You may include up to 3 links within the article, but they must be relevant resources to the article and topic discussed.
- No affiliate codes or referral links are allowed in posts.
- You must include a bio with your submission (2-3 sentences). You may include 1 link to your site here and 1 link to a social media profile such as Twitter or Facebook.
Note: I may make minor edits to your post if I discover typos or grammar errors. By submitting your post, you agree with and grant permission to make those minor changes. Profanity will also be edited.
Changes include: spelling errors, grammar errors, typos, and other minor word-level changes. I also reserve the right to add links to other related content on this site.
PS – Google now takes a very different, sometimes negative, view of guest blogging which we need to follow, but relevant, quality content is more important to our audience.