The attraction of organic traffic is one of the main goals for any new blogger. It is easy to get more readers using search engine optimization or promoting your blog over the web. The popularity can also be artificial. Some new bloggers prefer to buy subscribers to reach the top positions of different rating and in this way to become known for a bigger audience. However, for a stable and effective promotion of the blog, it is better to use methods that are connected with organic traffic. We are going to discuss one of these methods in this article.
The writing style is actually one of the basic ideas that ensure the development of a blog. If a writer chooses his own style properly (taking into consideration the topic he writes about and his audience), the blog acquires unique trace that is appreciated by all visitors.
Why do you need a personal style
This is a trick that is taken from the writing itself. We all know the telegraphic style of Hemmingway and long and twisted sentences of Nabokov. Actually, we can distinguish their pieces of writing by the style. This is the most desired quality for any author: to be known by the way you are writing.
There are millions of blogs over the Internet, and all of them have too much in common. A blogger who struggles for success always tries to stand out and keep his identity. Identification is crucial for everyone who wants to become successful in the online world.
Besides, you need to work on your style permanently. You need to fortify it with new ideas, structures, and approaches, add new schemes and introduce the changes smoothly so that your readers can get used to them. Being a blogger, you need to remember about your audience and follow its desires and mood. However, you also need to stick to the general idea of your style and do not change it unless it is necessary to give a push to your blog development.
How to define your style
For a new writer, choice of personal style is rather challenging. Mostly, beginners prefer to copy someone else’s style and choose the same words, word constructions, and tone of voice as their gurus. Inexperienced writers make another mistake. They do not even think about writing styles and write following their intuition and desire.
There is a sequence of stages that will help you define your own style and discover what kind of writing will help you attract more visitors.
1) You have only three words. Describe yourself without exceeding the requested number. It is better to use adjectives though nouns and verbs are also possible.
2) Check these words. Do they describe the way you’ve got used to express your thoughts?
3) Create an image of a representative of your target audience. Be as detailed as it is possible.
4) Analyze your favorite pieces of writing. Do they have something in common? What common traces do you like most of all?
5) Check how culture and society influence the way you express your thoughts.
6) Ask your friends about your tone of voice. Do you sound the same when you talk to the friends and when you talk to strangers?
7) Write down random thoughts. Perhaps, you should make your writing more natural and start to build sentences in another way.
8) Analyze your pieces of writing from different periods of time.
9) Do you believe what you write? You should be absolutely confident in your words and ideas, so your writing sounds stronger and more attractive for readers.
These stages help create a basic strategy for building a proper writing style. Frequently, they are enough to create a long-term plan for growing your blog and attracting more visitors.
Popular writers share their experience and notice another way to choose writing style. You should write just like you are writing a letter to your old friend whom you know since childhood. Sometimes, this method is even more effective than all famous marketing tricks and tips.
Creating your own writing style, you should make use of different approaches. Analyze how your audience reacts to changes and selects the most effective decisions to find your personal style in blogging.
Bio: Christina Battons is a blogger and freelance writer, who researches and writes student-focused content on behalf of prowriterscenter.com. As a trained and published writer, I love discovering new ways to use my writing as a tool to further the education of others. You can find me on Twitter and Facebook.