We are all bloggers, but we all want to be an exceptional blogger, a better blogger, a remarkable blogger, who everybody is talking about, who is making the buzz, who everybody wants his attention, in a nutshell, we all want to be a star.
Being a better blogger is achievable but it is going to be determined by ourselves, we have to implement some things in our life and on our blogs. Below are some great tips to be a better blogger.
- Passion: Passion is the key to successful blogging, you have to be passionate to be a successful blogger, you passion will reflect in your work, your passion will reflect in your writing, your passion will help you forge ahead despite discouragement and failures, your passion will help you go the extra mile just to achieve “that success”. Passion is the building blog to successful blogging, you have to locate yourself, you have to know what your passion is, you have to know what you enjoy doing most. Take myself for an example, at the time of writing this post, I am a little bit sick, I was not getting myself this morning but I am here in the front of a computer writing this post again, they don’t suppose to tell you before you know that my passion is in computing. Your passion will help you be a successful long term blogger.
- Research: We all have our own points of view, most of the time; we do claim it is right even though it is not! Researching will help us get other people’s opinion, researching will help us get detailed information about our subjects. Think about it: your readers love you because you do provide them with valuable information in your niche which is while they come to your site, what if they discover all you are teaching them is junk. A better blogger is always ahead of others, he has great information at his finger tips, he is not far away from great information. He is knowledgeable and wise in terms of the subject he his writing on. Research! Forge ahead of others! Be a better blogger!
- Quality: We all know there is no competition in blogging and there is competition in blogging! (Don’t get confused). There is no competition in form of we all having one goal, impacting the live of others. There is competition in that we all want attention of our readers; we all want them to come to our blogs! But if I may ask, out of the million other blogs out there, what makes people want to visit your blog? Have you ever thought about that? You have to give them some kind of value that will separate you from others, that will help you gain their attention, that will make them list your blog on top of their priority list. You have to separate yourself with the unique content you provide, with the value you give in it.
- Personality: People want to know the real you! Have you ever thought about yourself coming over to a great blog and website, so powerful and influential, I believe the first thought to come to your mind will be: who is behind this blog? Who is behind this site? Who is this great man? Your readers also have the same mindset; they want to know who you are! They want to know more of you! Try to show off your personality in your posts, try to have a detailed and rich about page! Try to be personal as much as possible, try to let your readers know you are a human too and not just another company!
- Interaction: Interaction is one of the major keys of a successful blog! It is a great secret used by successful bloggers. Interact with your readers, share their opinions, reply their comments, work together, let them know you care. They want to share the love, they want to share from your influence, give them this and they will love you the more. Your readers want to be able to boast to their friends that “This blogger spoke to me today”, we both had a discussion e.t.c. Don’t make yourself inaccessible, be the master of interaction!
I know… you are already a successful blogger!