If yes, then you can think of monetizing your blog with advertisements that can bring some revenue to you without causing hindrance to the readers. After all, with money in hand, you can dream big and deliver more useful content than before.
It would not be out of context to mention here that there are thousands of serious bloggers in the world who are making enough money from their blogs. Hence, if you are a writer with good readership, you can start earning from your online writings.
What are the advantages of online writing?
Well, there are many advantages if you start earning from blogs. Firstly, you are the master of your own and secondly you can set the work hours according your choice. You would be working on the favorite subjects of yours and there are no hard and fast rules for you to maintain. All that you need is a computer or laptop with internet connection and of course great writing skills and a good hold on the subject matter.
You have to do bit of marketing and canvassing for your blog as your earning potential is directly linked to the traffic that you can drive to the blog. Once you have set the ball rolling, you have to focus on offering a variety of content to the readers.
How to manage and money from online writings
Once your blog is listed as one amongst the top blogs, the ads on your blog would start working for you. Irrespective of the revenue volumes, you should start focusing on the money management part to keep the revenue from slipping through your fingers.
Following are the 6 tips for money management for bloggers:
1. Open a Savings Account: If you wish to monitor and track the online revenue, it is a good idea to have a dedicated savings account for it and there are plenty of choices for Savings accounts and you can choose the one that is the right fit for your needs.
2. Monitor the Revenues: As opposed to a corporate job where you are assured a stable income on each month, online revenues vary from month to month. There are plenty of reasons for this fluctuation like the number of pageviews, clicks and conversions etc. Hence you need to monitor the revenue on a day to day basis if possible or at least on a weekly basis. You need to plan the content creation and publishing despite these fluctuations.
3. Devise Additional Revenue Streams: Diversification matters a lot in revenue generation. So, think of other channels like video, audio content etc. that could add extra revenue to your principal earning through blog posts.
4. Keep a Budget Sheet: Alongside of monitoring the revenue prepare a budget sheet and enter the income and expenditure details.
5. Spend on useful things: Use your online earnings to buy useful add-ons that could generate traffic and revenue. In other words, spend the money as an investment.
6. Hold Periodical Reviews: Nothing works better for than the checking of your efforts from time to time. This would enable you to eliminate unnecessary expenditure and not-so-useful endeavors undertaken by you.
These are just a few money management tips that can help you make the most of the money you earn online.