About Kiesha Easley

This is my blog - where I love to encourage bloggers. My hope is that you'll leave this blog with more than you came with; you'll learn something new or will at least be engaged and entertained.
In addition to teaching others how to blog, I'm also a college instructor who teaches students how to write for mass media.
I've guest posted on Problogger, DIYThemes and many others. I'm also the author of Highly Favored, a blog devoted to Christian inspiration & encouragement. Please follow me on twitter @weblogbetter or on Facebook.

Comments

1. Before trying to use e-mail marketing, we should know for sure our target audience (people’s preferences, interests and wishes). Only in this case this process can be effective

Julia Spencer’s recent post.. How to Act to Make Your Brand Facebook Page More Engaging

• That’s a great point, Julia! You should always write your email newsletter with your target audience in mind so that it’s worth your time and not another dreading thing to your already big TODO list. This will also make your audience time worthwhile :)

2. I like the Aweber services, I am using from last six month and happy with that.
    But i hear mailchimp also works good.

Thanks

3. Very good post Shanna thanks for sharing,

Yeah I have learned this lesson this year the hard way.

There is a big opportunity being missed when people fail to capture an email and build their list.

The ability to follow up with a potential lead is the life blood of any business.

Your Online Business must have a constant and steady stream of new business opportunities in it’s pipeline or sales funnel or what ever term you wan to use.

The only way to do this is with an email management system Aweber is my fav so far.

4. Interesting aspects about using a newsletter service. If we can attract many subscribers, I really think this technique could help us improve the goals.

5. With over 25 years experience providing and teaching Expert Energy Healing Massage Therapy Treatments, I can best resolve your issues primarily focused on the Head, Neck and Shoulders.

SPIRITUS means ‘breath’ in Latin. Our feelings ride on the breath; subsequesntly

during any face/body treatment emotional crystallizations dissolve thus facilitating

the healing process.

6. Elevator Machines and parts says:

I was not able to find any proper course on internet marketing.Atlast i have found one

7. I have been looking for something like this.nice artical great contant to be read in the entire artical got expand knowledge in this regarding feald to be apply in my antird thinking.Thanks for post this helpful post i need this post from more days. and i get so excellent massage.

8. ABS GRANULES says:

Thanks for posting.so nice and mind blowing post

9. Poly Carbonate granules says:

10. Packers & movers in Noida says:

This is very informative and brief information given in the post which is very helpful for me.Thanks for sharing it.

11. Bathroom Fitting moulds says:

I think it deserves more 5 stars. Thanks !!

12. Thank you for your sharing. I want to post quickly but I do not know the way. Your article helps me, thank you so much

13. Your article helps me, thank you so much.

14. The message is just very ample! Thanks!

15. Hello Dear

really what a useful post really this is very beneficial post for marketer this is great way i think one of the most important think targeting audience really thanks for the sharing me

16. Yet another great post by you, am really enjoying my daily visits to your blog. Regards.

17. Shanna Mallon says:

Thanks, everyone, for the positive feedback! Maybe 2013 will have us all starting blog newsletters to build our audiences!

18. I’ve always been a bit wary on the benefits of email newsletters purely because I just delete the spammy ones I get without even opening them. I guess I’ve just been looking at the small picture the last few years if you send out 10′s of thousands of emails you would only need a small percentage of the receivers to click them to make it worthwhile!

• Shanna Mallon says:

Good point, John. Also — the higher quality of content you provide, the less likely your newsletters feel like spam to your readers. There are many spammy newsletters I delete right away, but there are a handful I look forward to reading. Quality is key.

19. Thank you for sharing this post as I am seriously considering starting a newsletter next year. I do have a small following but I’m going to use the tips from the post 5 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog to build this list. Much appreciated.

20. Glynis Jolly says:

Hi Shanna

I’m one of those who budget says I couldn’t spend any money so, of course, I use MailChimp. There are a few others out there that are trying to mimic MailChimp but they have a ways to go yet. The time element, I don’t feel, should be a hassle. After all, the whole point of a blog is to get people to it for whatever your reason is. The newsletter promotes that.

21. Email news letters provide awesome service of publicizing the website. But, sometimes it may irritate the subscribed readers with repeated mails of their uninterested topic. And the cost of the email services is also a bit high in these days.

22. Shanna, thanks for illuminating the many benefits of an email newsletter. I have been sending my newsletter, The Prosperous Entrepreneur, for five years now and often see an uptick in traffic, sales, and consultation requests after sending out my latest version. I use 1shoppingcart which I must admit does not have the best customizable templates. Some of my clients use mailchimp, with their beautiful array of templates and options. I also think Aweber has many great options.

23. Useful article Shanna,

That’s why lot of bloggers prefer to use “MailChimp” as they get great service free of cost. If done correctly email marketing can help you to grow your exposure and reach.

24. Initially I was hesitant in using Email-newsletter marketing methods but I have acheived more than I expected with this method. I have realized is that in Email marketing the content is the most important thing to achieve success.

25. The Email Newsletters is really good way. But we may need to tell the user how to unsubscribe it.
    Sometimes, too many emails may bother user and they will be treat as spam mail. So there should a obvious way how to un-unsubscribe the email.

26. On my sense, authority is the most important for email newsletter…

27. The big problem with a newsletter is that one has to have a list – and that is really tough to build.

28. Its always best to start with the free option of Mailchimp. Its easy to upgrade once your subscriber grows. Anyways, more subscribers usually mean better chance of people buying the product or service you are selling.

29. A great newsletter is a great tool. Must have a good list and content though to monetize it’s advantages.

30. I like the Aweber services

31. Though I do like newsletters for the engagement aspect, they can be a job in and of themselves. While there are ways to keep the costs down like using MailChimp, the content of the newsletter is key. It’s hard to find people willing to give their time without just compensation and still product quality articles. The reality is, newletters can be wonderful if done correctly, otherwise sending out a poorly done newsletter can be a bad reflection upon your company.

32. Mailchimp is definitely a better option as compared to Feedburner for those who blog on regular basis. There is no option in latter one to control the frequency of the newsletters being sent, but mailchimp has got that. It helps so that the one who has subscribed is not spammed with too many mails daily.

33. Hi Kiesha,
    Thank you significantly for sharing this post.. :)
    @ Nicole: I wholly accept as true with you that it gets the immediate attention…. I in person believe I check all the mails that has personal bit in them…. although it not from a follower, he/ she will be able to become my friend betting on the Content of the e-mail… thus i prefer to require the chance…

Again as Tracey same, this maneuver is employed by spammers – however i think when reading the topic line eightieth cases we tend to perceive whether or not it’s helpful or a spam…. Am I right???…

34. Newsletters are really helpful to create a high reader base and better readership for your clients and readers.

35. Very good post Shanna thanks for sharing, I have realized is that in Email marketing the content is the most important thing to achieve success. The whole point of a blog is to get people to it for whatever your reason is. The newsletter promotes that.