If you’re a blogger or a site owner, you probably have thought about making money with Google Adsense. But that might not be the case if you’re an online business owner selling services or products since you want the total attention of the visitor on your products.
Assuming that you’re already aware about the basics of Google Adsense, let’s discuss how to bring the word ‘success’ into action.
Following are some real ways, which Google prefers and encourages bloggers to make money with Google Adsense.
The Right Niche – And Sticking To It
This is by far the most important aspect when it comes to making money with Google Adsense. You would never be asked by Google to choose a specific niche and stick to it, but that’s one thing Google loves the most. If you have a blog on “Cakes” and after a long term effort, you start posting about dry snacks, then it wouldn’t make a sense.
It’s always better to start a new blog if you insist on continuing to write about the dry snacks. (This was just an example, but I’m sure you’ve understood what I really meant). Hence to make money with Google Adsense, it is highly recommended that you stick to the niche you started writing about and not get carried away by the latest irrelevant (which are not at all around your niche) trends. Sticking to the niche has always been a great strategy to make money blogging (overall) too.
Referral Traffic? – Can Buy You Half a Coffee, In 6 Months!
Believe it or not – it’s a fact. There’s hardly anyone who got success in making money with Google Adsense from referral traffic. Referral traffic in the sense that it is everything except search engine traffic. I’m sure you’re aware of the algorithm used by the Google Adsense bots that it shows contextual ads, meaning that the ads displayed are based on the on-page keywords and the search terms used.
The audience you get from your referral traffic is mostly aware about the ads on your blog and is hardly interested in the same, while the visitors from the search engines are always look for more information – that’s when the ads play their roles!
Some tips for getting the most out of your ads:
1) Try to get as much organic traffic as possible, as that’s the only time you’ll get enough CTR (Click Through Rate).
2) But it’s never advised to stop SMO (Social Media Optimization) as that’s where you make your name and your identity.
3) Always make it a point to optimize each and every post on your blog so that the bots will be able to show relevant ads and hence helping you make more money with Google Adsense. You can optimize well by investing in some good WP Plugins or getting free plugins such as SEO by Yoast.
Place ‘em Right And Make Money With Adsense!
Ad Placement is one important factor which is not always followed by many publishers. If I write about the positions here, it might be confusing for you (and me too). Hence, take a look at the picture on the right. This image was officially released by Google to help publishers make more money with Google Adsense. Following is a brief captioning of the graphic -
1) The Red box has been proven to be the most effective of all. It’s simply placed before the content.
2) The Orange boxes have been proven to be the second best of all. I personally recommend the position either on the left of the primary content, or just below the navigation bar.
3) The Light Yellow boxes are somewhat effective, but not as much as the above two. Yet, those placements can be used if you’re using the above positions for the banners of some of the best affiliate programs.
4) And the white boxes are mostly seen just by the blog/site owners who’re crying to get clicks.
Bottomline To Make Money With Google Adsense
The bottomline should be that in order to make money with Google Adsense, one needs to be patient enough (to increase the organic traffic over time), be on the right track and DON’T practice any black-hat SEO techniques and DON’T stop producing quality content.