If you want to dominate search engines and be on the top position for Google, then you have to learn how to get EDU backlinks for your website. This step may seem insignificant for some but for SEOs, this is a massive step towards optimizing your site and increasing your site/product’s exposure.
There are basically two reasons why you need EDU backlinks:
- EDU backlinks are considered more trustworthy therefore are harder to get; and
- Backlinks from EDU sites can always override backlinks from non-EDU sites.
If you’re really keen on getting your site on the top spot and dominate the entire realm of search engines, then you need to learn how to find and employ EDU sites for your backlinks. Here’s one fact that you should know: Search engines—Bing, Google, Yahoo! and everything else—loves EDU backlinks. Tap them and feel the love spread on your site.
Google Tools: Find Backlinks Faster and Easier
Before you go on searching for EDU backlinks, the first thing that you need to find is an already established EDU site. You don’t need to fret, however, that this will be a tedious task for you because Google definitely has something for you. With the multitude of tools that Google has to offer, there is definitely one that can help you in your search for these most coveted and juicy backlinks. All you have to do is use the right search queries using Google’s famous search bar.
Yes, the Google toolbar. It’s not really a very special tool but with the proper codes, Google can turn in just the right information for you. For instance, if you want to tell Google that you are looking for EDU sites, then you can simply type:
This particular keyword, given the right syntax will generate loads of sites with EDU on the end. But don’t get too excited just yet. Just because you now have a long queue of EDU sites does not mean that you can generate backlinks from all these sites. You then have to refine your search and look for EDU links that have blogs or those that will allow you to create your own wikipages and register as a user. Let me show you some codes on how you can search for these sites:
Site:.edu “log in / create account”
Of course, the syntax on how to find the right EDU links is not limited to these keywords but for now, we will be using these.
Registering Your Own Account
As soon as you have found the right EDU sites that you need, it’s not time to get started on creating your backlinks. It is worth mentioning again that you cannot create backlinks from all EDU sites on your list. Only EDU that allow you to create your account or wikipages and make comments on blog posts are feasible for backlinking
As a general rule, however, if the site will allow you to register as a user, then there is bigger chance that that particular site will allow you to create a backlink from their site.
Getting EDU Backlinks Permanently (or at least not have them removed)
You have to be pretty careful when creating your wiki pages on EDU sites because if you are not, then your pages will be immediately removed as soon as you post them. You have to know that EDU sites are strictly moderated because of its very nature. If the “moderators” see that your content is irrelevant and that you are putting up your wiki page for the mere purpose of creating a backlink, then chances are you will be banned from the site, including your IP address.
Here’s a workaround for this issue: Dig up some information on the topics that are being covered by the EDU site. Once you have a topic, you can now search for articles that discuss the said topic and use it for your wiki page. If the article is not originally yours, do not forget to give credit to the original author and include his or her signature (often found at the end of the article).
How do you get your trustworthy and juicy backlinks? At the end of the article (or footnote), you can place a statement like: “This page was created by (your name)” and paste your link.
There you go. One juicy EDU backlink for your site.
Here’s a quick summary on how you can create your own EDU Backlink:
- Search EDU sites that will allow you to comment on blogs, create a wiki page or register as a user.
- Find relevant articles from various article submission sites like EzineArticles.com.
- Copy and paste the article on the site. Don’t forget to give credit to the author!
- Place a footnote that contains your link.
Free EDU Backlinks for You!
Here’s a short list on how you can add links from EDU sites that have PR rankings of 1-9. I did use extensive research to put up this list and everything is done manually so you will have an idea on how much effort you need to put in for EDE backlinking.
http://tecto.gps.caltech.edu/forum/register.php - PR6, 1 website
- Register an account.
- Build your profile.
- Create your identity.
- Fill in the Website requirements.
- Wait for five minutes and go back to your profile page. Ping it.
http://forums.saa.edu/register.php - PR1, 4 signature websites and 1 profile website
- Register for a new account.
- Open your email and get your password.
- Fill up your profile.
- Personality 4 Signature backlinks, bbc style backlinks
- Person 1 other website backlink
- Logout from your account
- Go to User List
- Search for your account
- Get the link for your profile and ping it.
http://web.utk.edu/~dst/guestbook/index.php - PR5, 1 website guestbook signing
http://celebrating125years.stedwards.edu/connect/guestbook/ - PR3, multiple websites guestbook signing
http://animage.ucsd.edu/forum/register.php - PR8, 3 signature websites and profile website
- Create your own account by registering.
- Go to your email to retrieve password.
- Click on your username.
- Edit your profile.
- Write your signature and your site.
- Post your comment.
- Go back to the forum and get the URL. Ping it.
http://bcnm-dev.berkeley.edu/wp-login.php?action=register - PR9, 1 profile website
- Go to WordPress and register an account.
- Open your email to retrieve your password.
- Create your own website.
- At the bottom of the page, tick the option “Make Web Site Public.”
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?action=register - PR6, 4 signature and 1 profile website
- Create your own account by registering.
- Open your email and retrieve your password.
- Create your profile.
- Create your signature with your Website Title and URL
- Post a riddle
- Get the URL and ping the thread where you put your post.
http://forum.aq.edu.ph/index.php?action=register - PR1 5 signature backlinks, 1 profile website
- Create your profile.
- Fill up your Forum Profile Information.
- Post on a discussion or start one.
- At the bottom of your post, put in your Signature and Website Title/URL
- Go back to the Summary Page and ping it.