Who Survived the Blog? – Final Results

We have finally arrived at the end of this 10-week journey – and boy has it been exhilarating to watch!

We’ve reached the end of all of the challenges and everyone has done done an incredible job.  In just 10 short weeks, they’ve accomplished the impossible:

Alexa ranking is now 96,121 and improving everyday!

The Final Challenge was certainly a doozy, yet both Holly and Ntathu gave it their best.

Let’s see what they had to say about this last challenge:

I smile as I sit here to write my final weekly round-up for Kiesha. The whole 10 weeks has been an amazing journey and I have learnt stuff which I didnt even know I didnt know. Couple highlights this week, one… being selected for the FINAL.  Wooohooo! (thats been a journey), my girls’ constant support and encouragement.

At one point on tuesday I felt down (Holly is such an expereinced and popular blogger, I got in self pity-defeatist mode and thought whats the point of even carrying on, she is bound to win) but my girls pulled me up and every little “pep talk” I have given them over the years re doing your best, not giving up, you never know what can happen… they swung back at me. I am so proud of them and their” little sort yourself out mum and get writing” sermon made me laugh and perked me up.

A mega mega special moment was receiving an email from Ms. Ileane Smith re my post Yoga for Bloggers: Simple Self Massage to Ease a Sore neck.

One of my dreams is to audio record my meditations and yoga tips and also make videos. Well, Ms. Ileane made both happen this week…and it reminded me of the power of leverage and as my daughters reminded me once you show up you never know what can happen. So, I am real thankful for Ms. Ileane’s support and trust in my work.

So, I have got this far, I am real thankful for all the love, support, tips and encouragement received. My Final Review Post highlights my thanks and appreciation. Take care and thank you! Onward and upwards.

Highs: The energy wave from knowing this was the final push – and knowing that I had so many supporters out there who were almost as emotionally invested in my winning as I was. Some of them I didn’t know – or knew only by name – until this past week or so. I know what it must be like to stand at the podium on Oscar night and be utterly overwhelmed by the number of people you’re grateful towards, knowing that a solid week of thanking people wouldn’t be enough to cover it.

Lows: Being the last player standing. I miss my team. I miss the camaraderie and encouragement and energy boost I got from their behind-the-scenes support during those early weeks. I want them back. TheNextGoal needs them, but so do I.

So you’re probably wondering who won?

Final Results

Holly

TNG Posts, Comments & Shares Total:   2909
Guest Posts Total:  400
Links Total:   1100
Votes:  83 (52.98%)

Total Points:    4607

Ntathu

TNG Posts, Comments & Shares Total:  977
Guest Posts Total:   350
Links Total:   100
Vote:  73 (47.02%)

Total Points:  1523

Congratulations, Holly!!    You have official Survived the Blog!!
She will now take ownership of TheNextGoal.com and a cool $1000! (plus, other great prizes!)  If you have a moment, check out her post: I Survived the Blog and her interview over a Brilliant Bloggers!

Congratulations to our Runner-up, Nthathu!

She will take ownership of CrimsonSoapBox.com and a Pro Wibya account!  Check out her interview over at Brilliant Bloggers!

• So did it end how you thought it would?
  • What was your favorite challenge?
  • What was the most memorable moment?

Share your thoughts about the contest in the comments section!

Well, it’s definitely been an exciting run!  Be on the look out for Surviving the Blog 2012 (summer).

About Linda Hewett

Linda is a writer, blogger and confidence coach.
Her blog is Positive Spin – Helping You Face Life Full On without Fear – And Feel Great About It!

In her blog, Linda looks for the ‘positive spin’ in our daily lives and encourages you to look for the ‘small stuff’ that’s easy to miss, or even dismiss.She believes that confidence comes in many disguises. All you have to do is…look.
You can follow her on Twitter @LindaMHewett

Comments

1. Amazing. 96k alexa in 10 weeks. I wonder how you did that Holly?

Anyways, Many many congratulations to you.

2. Wow, Congrats Holly and Ntathu for a job well done. You guys rocked! This was really some “feat” and I know what it takes to reach this level of the competition. I think that everyone won in this contest and thanks Kiesha for organizing such a unique event. This was probably as difficult for you to manage, as it was for all contestants…

Holly, what can I say… Congrats for an awesome job and see you next on “TheNextGoal” :)

• Hi DiTesco, yeah..I reckon Kiesha deserves a medal for putting up with our constants questions. comments and queries. Yes, we are all winners.everyone who commented, supported, wrote and entered are all winners. We have all learnt and grown from the experience, and at the end of the day, that is what life is about…to heal, love and grow. Take care and thanks for supporting Kiesha throughout the contest. Namaste

3. Wow, congratulations to Holly and to all of the participants who toiled so hard to make this challenge a resounding success! The work was demanding, but the rewards are great, not only monetarily but also for the experience and for the knowledge you have imparted upon all of us fans/readers.

Best of luck to all of you with your future blogging endeavors and thanks to Kiesha for making this challenge happen!

• Bless you Carolyn, toiled is the right word and really highlights for me, you have to love and be passionate about what you do otherwise the toil really is hard work. Its strange, even though I found the pace of work demanding, I enjoyed it all and it was great fun just seeing “whats on the other side”. Thanks for your blessings and I wish you all the best with your endeavours. Peace and blessings

4. Sorry to be barging in, but Holly seems to be having some problems, and for now is still unable to leave a comment here. She asked me to relay this message:

“Thank you to Kiesha, all the sponsors of the “Surviving the Blog” contest, my amazing teammates, and all of our steadfast supporters over the past nine weeks”

• Kiesha Easley says:

Hi DiTesco!
      You’re not barging in – thanks for relaying the message for Holly! We’re still trying to resolve the issue.

• Ahhh..I wondered where Holly was…diTesco- kindly send Holly my love and high fives for her methodical and logical spreadsheet analysis skills and inspirations. Thx. How is your contest going?

• Hi Ntathu.. I am sure that Holly will be seeing this soon enough :) I really want to congratulate you for a job well done.. It was not an easy path and in my books, you won “big time” :)

My contest? well, surviving for the time being, lol

• Holly Jahangiri says:

Thank you, DiTesco!!

And thank you, Kiesha for ripping the duct tape off my mouth… (there’s a plug-in that’s got a real hate on for me, and it’s starting to be mutual – I won’t mention it here, because then everyone will want to know how to shut Holly up! LOL)

Seriously, thank you, Kiesha, for this wonderful contest – and everyone who twisted my arm into entering – well, I’ve about forgiven you all for that. Thanks to the sponsors who put up the fantastic prizes – I LOVE an early Christmas! And most of all, thanks to my amazing, talented team: Brandon, Larry, Neeraj, and Ntathu – it has been a wild, E-ticket ride, and I cannot think of anyone I’d rather have to ride it with. None of this would be possible without you.

To all of our supporters, thank you – some of you didn’t even know how to leave a comment or share a post, and maybe – I hope – we’ve given you reasons to stick around and explore this whole “blogging thing.” (To those who didn’t know what a blog was, nine weeks ago, just say the word – I’ll gladly subscribe to yours if you’ve been “bitten by the blogging bug”!)

Thank you all.

5. Congratulations Holly and Ntathu for a wonderful job done!

Holly would be indeed a pleasure to see you next on TheNextGoal.com :)

It has indeed been an amazing contest and we all have learnt a lot and enjoyed it to the best. Congrats to all the participants to being a part of the contest.

Thanks Kiesha for organizing the contest and conducting it so beautifully :)

• Love the energy of your blog Harleena. Thanks for commenting. One of the best things about this contest has been the buddings of new connections and ways of healing and growing (self and business) Blogging is a marvellous path to be on. Take care and thank you.

6. Well done guys! Awesome effort!

Bit sad I’ve had too much on to follow the whole contest but it’s been great to have watched some of the stages unfold.

Wonderful to see different approaches coming together and sparks flying between the contestants as differing blogging styles met and melded together along the way.

Massive congrats to Holly for claiming the prize.

So Keisha – when’s the next one?

• Kiesha Easley says:

Hi Jym!

I’m planning to do the next one in May or June depending on how quickly I can get sponsors on board.

• roll up sponsors….a fantastic way to share your work and encourage others to use your services. Thanks Kiesha…next one I will participate from sidelines. Then again..who knows. Take special care of you. Group Hug

• Holly Jahangiri says:

Next one, Kiesha’s promised me I’ll finally get to play Simon Cowell!!! :) I’m definitely participating from the sidelines.

• Bless you Jym (that’s an unusual way to spell your name..nice). Yep..it was a great contest and am glad its over!! Definitely agree re the melting pot of blogging styles merging and moulding together. Looking back, made the contest more fun and a brilliant way for beginners to learn how to write and craft a post. Thanks for commenting and take special care of you.

• Holly Jahangiri says:

Hey, Jym, your support and encouragement were noted and much appreciated!

7. Congratulations, Holly! Well-played!

Congratulations, Ntathu – for NOT GIVING UP!

Congratulations, Team WBB, for the best webisodes this fall! Take THAT, Guild. LOL

This was the most unique contest ever. What will you all think of, next?

Cheers,

Mitch

• Hugs Mitchell. You are a star. real glad our paths crossed. Thanks for opening up and allowing me to guest post on your blog. And also, I appreciate all your gentle words of encouragement and reminders of the value of focus and commitment. Take special care of you and keep shining.

• Holly Jahangiri says:

Thank you, Mitchell – for all your encouragement, and for sharing that encouragement with my teammates (even as you wrote some EPIC – ahem – EPIC stuff on my behalf, there at the end).

8. Big Congrats to my fellow Texan Holly! Excellent work!

Thanks to Kiesha for putting on such a fabulous contest. I know Team Frog wore you out with questions over the past couple of months, be we all had a great time!

9. Congratulations to both young women for surviving and fighting the good fight. Special congratulations to Holly. I knew you could do it.

• Hi Vivian..finally get to connect. I kept seeing your name appear on Holly’s posts…you are a true supporter. Well done. We had a great contest. Be well and stay blessed.

10. Congrats. Holly and good job Ntanthu, you guys really were focused. The results are great.

11. Well done to both of you guys, you really did great and clearly gave it your all. Both of you have done incredibly well, all the contestants did, to bring a blog from nothing to one of the top 100,000 Alexa sites in 10 weeks is just unbelievable!

• Thanks Robert..it was a great experience. And I would recommend all beginner bloggers to enter the next one. take care and thanks for your comment.

• Holly Jahangiri says:

:) Thanks!

You see what happens when you have a clear goal in mind, Robert? Thought I was just bein’ cheeky, back in October, didn’t you?

12. Awesome contest and awesome final. Mega hugs, blessings and thumbs up to Kiesha for her creativity and willingness to try something different and massive Froggy Group Hug. We Are The Champions. Celebrate, relax and enjoy. And thanks for everyone for their constant support and love. One Love

• Holly Jahangiri says:

((BIG BEAR HUGS)) I have the best teammates in the world. Thank you, Ntathu, for not making it easy on me – and for being so supportive of us all, throughout! I cannot wait to see what you do with your new blog – and hope I can count on your to help keep the Frog leaping forward!

13. Holly, I’m really happy for you. Congratulations!

Well done ladies! That includes you too Kiesha!

14. Congrats to both of you – making the final is a great achievement. I look forward to seeing what you do with the blogs from now on.

• Holly Jahangiri says:

Yes, living up to our achievement of the past nine months is going to be TOUGH, actually! ;)

We can do it, though – right?

I think we all need a break, though, to enjoy the holidays. Some of us have been basically working 2-3 full time jobs, here, and need to step away from the PC… ;) Not too long, though!

15. Congratzz winner.

16. Congratulations, Holly! Been following this contest for a while now and I’m kind of sad that it has finally reached its end but I am happy as well because we now have the long-awaited results. Everyone has put up a good fight, and you came out on top.

Congrats again. :)

17. Well, everyone knows I thought Holly was gonna leave early. Obviosly this contest hasn’t worked the way ‘survivor does and we have all set a new precedent of honorable workmanship and changing what has been a dangerous concept up untill now.

Congrats Holly! I’m proud to be an acquantance of yours and you can know add the STB trohpy onto your mantle for your grandkids to gaze at and know why you are called a wordsmiths.

I enjoyed stirring things up and know that I had things wrong. I thought it was going to go differently, but have been proved wrong. I have no qualms saying congrats, not only to Holly, but also all the other teams and members of them and also Keisha as the host and all the great sponsors involved.

Congrats on making this a greta success!

• Holly Jahangiri says:

Thank you, Ivin! And I hope you understand when I say I’m very happy to have proved you wrong. ;)

I’m sorry for being so absent the last couple of days, but I must’ve been living on fumes – now that I’m on vacation from work and the contest, I’m fighting off a nasty cold and a serious need to catch up on lost sleep! LOL

Yes, Brandon, Larry, Neeraj, and Ntathu deserve lots of kudos for this – we set out to win TheNextGoal for the team that created it, and I fully intend for it to remain a team blog. I could not have done it without their dedication and talent.

18. Congratulations to both Holly and Ntathu. Incredible effort on the part of both of you. You both displayed great energy and drive.

Ellie

19. They have both done such a great work and they really deserve the victory and my best and heartest congratulations to holly who has put so much into the contest and she is on the heaven i think after the news.

• Holly Jahangiri says:

Well, news of my death by cough and cold are greatly exaggerated… oh, that’s not what you mean by heaven, is it? LOL Thanks, DiNaRa! The whole team worked incredibly hard on this – I’ve never seen so much dedication and effort go into ANY contest I’ve ever been a part of, either as a contestant or an organizer – and it showed. They’re amazing people. I was very lucky to be a part of this contest and this team.

20. Congrats Holly. I missed this competition. I will surely participate next time.

21. Been so busy with family the last couple of weeks I forgot to check on this! Congrats Holly! Way to go!

• Hah…you and me both, Grady. There was a whole life to be reclaimed after this thing was over. But now, I’ve entered yet another contest! (See the link, below. Oh yeah – it’s a bad addiction! LOL)

22. Holly is the right one who achieves the victory. That s not means Ntathu is not a deserving person. Both of them are did very good job. They give their 100% so that they reach there of course. Their performing was fabulous.

• Thank you! We all worked so very hard on this – I’m so proud of all my teammates, and my competitors, because I know how few people will put in that kind of time and effort, regardless of the prize – even just to get INTO the contest.

23. Congrats Holly for winning this contest and proving that you were the one. Hope you will continue to rock.
    For Ntathu, You did a great job and everyone knows this. Making in finals is something that everyone dream about.

24. Congrats Holly & Ntathu..!! :-)

This was a really nice contest (which I never knew about! :-P ) These kind of contest really help a lot over the social world.. WBB keep going with more n more contests! :-)